Research programme: COPD therapeutics - AstraZenecaAlternative Names: AZD2743; AZD6067; AZD6213; AZD7420; AZD7928
Latest Information Update: 13 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Complement C5a inhibitors; Granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor antagonists; Interleukin receptor antagonists; Matrix metalloproteinase 12 inhibitors; Peptide hydrolase inhibitors; Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 13 Jul 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 18 Jan 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 02 Feb 2006 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in European Union (unspecified route)