Research programme: antiviral therapeutics - Gilead Sciences/Praecis Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 21 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Gilead Sciences; Praecis Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Feb 2007 Praecis Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by GlaxoSmithKline
- 12 Apr 2006 Preclinical trials in Viral infections in USA (unspecified route)