JTT 551Alternative Names: JTT-551
Latest Information Update: 15 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Japan Tobacco
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Protein-tyrosine-phosphatase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 09 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus (PO)
- 09 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (PO)
- 31 Oct 2006 Phase-I clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus (PO)