Research programme: siRNA respiratory disorders therapeutics - GlaxoSmithKline/Sirna
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Sirna Therapeutics
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action RNA interference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Allergic rhinitis; Asthma; Respiratory syncytial virus infections; Respiratory tract disorders
Most Recent Events
- 29 Jan 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 30 Dec 2006 Sirna Therapeutics has been acquired by Merck and Co
- 12 May 2006 Preclinical trials in Respiratory syncytial virus infections in USA (unspecified route)