AVE 5376Alternative Names: AVE5376
Latest Information Update: 30 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 13 Feb 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in France (unspecified route)
- 24 Feb 2006 Phase-I clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in France (unspecified route)