Research programme: ophthalmic sirolimus - Advanced Ocular Systems/Novelion Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 30 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Advanced Ocular Systems
- Mechanism of Action B cell inhibitors; T lymphocyte inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Eye disorders
Most Recent Events
- 29 Nov 2016 QLT acquired Aegerion Pharmaceuticals and later QLT changed its name to Novelion Therapeutics
- 29 May 2006 Preclinical trials in Eye disorders in Australia (unspecified route)