Research programme: progestogen-based therapeutics - OrganonAlternative Names: ORG 47241
Latest Information Update: 20 Oct 2009
At a glance
- Originator Organon
- Class Progesterone congeners
- Mechanism of Action Progesterone receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Contraception; Female genital diseases
Most Recent Events
- 20 Oct 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Gynaecological disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Oct 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Contraception in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 Dec 2007 A compound from this programme has entered clinical development