Research programme: HIV Vpr-based cancer therapy - InovioAlternative Names: VGX-100 - Inovio; VGX-150
Latest Information Update: 30 Apr 2012
At a glance
- Originator VGX Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants; NF-kappa B inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gastric cancer; Lymphoma; Malignant melanoma
Most Recent Events
- 30 Apr 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Malignant melanoma in USA (Intratumoural)
- 30 Apr 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Lymphoma in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 Apr 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Gastric cancer in USA (unspecified route)