Research programme: antibacterials - AstraZenecaAlternative Names: AZD 1279; AZD6302
Latest Information Update: 28 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jun 2011 AZD 5099 has entered clinical development
- 17 Aug 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 09 Jun 2006 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in USA (IV)