At a glance
- Originator Glytech; Massachusetts General Hospital
- Class Amino acids
- Mechanism of Action Glycine NMDA-associated agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Schizophrenia
Most Recent Events
- 17 Sep 2008 Prestwick Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Biovail Corporation
- 14 Feb 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 28 Jun 2006 Preclinical trials in Schizophrenia in USA (PO)