Research programme: sleep apnoea syndrome therapies - Prestwick PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: PPI-03306
Latest Information Update: 20 Feb 2009
At a glance
- Originator Prestwick Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Sleep apnoea syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 17 Sep 2008 Prestwick Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Biovail Corporation
- 28 Jun 2006 Preclinical trials in Sleep apnoea syndrome in USA (PO)