Research programme: zolpidem transmucosal - BioDelivery Sciences InternationalAlternative Names: BEMA™ zolpidem; Transmucosal zolpidem
Latest Information Update: 28 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator BioDelivery Sciences International
- Class Acetamides; Hypnosedatives; Pyridines; Sleep disorder therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action GABA A receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Insomnia
Most Recent Events
- 12 Apr 2007 Zolpidem transmucosal is available for partnering worldwide (http://www.biodeliverysciences.com)
- 15 Mar 2006 Preclinical trials in Insomnia in USA (Transmucosal)