Rosuvastatin/fenofibrateAlternative Names: Crestor/TriCor; Tricor/Crestor
Latest Information Update: 24 Jan 2013
At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories; AstraZeneca
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Fibric acid derivatives; Fluorobenzenes; Propionates; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Lipid metabolism disorders
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jul 2006 Preclinical trials in Lipid metabolism disorders in USA (PO)