MK 6592Alternative Names: MK-6592; VX-667
Latest Information Update: 22 Nov 2007
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Merck & Co
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Aurora kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 20 Nov 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Solid tumours in USA (unspecified route)
- 01 Feb 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Solid tumours in USA (unspecified route)