Research programme: CD26 antigen antagonists - MerckAlternative Names: DPP IV inhibitors - Merck & Co; DPP-4 inhibitors - Merck & Co
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2011
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Mechanism of Action CD26 antigen inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 29 Aug 2011 No development reported - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 04 Sep 2007 Data presented at the 234th American Chemical Society National Meeting (234th-ACS-2007) added to the pharmacokinetics and Diabetes pharmacodynamics section
- 27 Jul 2006 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)