Research programme: anticancer prodrugs - Threshold PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: HAP; Hypoxia-activated prodrug technology - Threshold; TH-3424
Latest Information Update: 22 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator Threshold Pharmaceuticals
- Developer National Cancer Institute (USA); Threshold Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action AKR1C3 protein inhibitors; Alkylating agents; DNA cross linking agents
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Hepatocellular carcinoma; Solid tumours
- Research Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia