Hydrocodone/paracetamol/alvimopanAlternative Names: Alvimopan/hydrocodone/acetaminophen; Alvimopan/hydrocodone/paracetamol; Hydrocodone/acetaminophen/alvimopan
Latest Information Update: 14 Dec 2011
At a glance
- Originator Adolor Corporation
- Developer Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- Class Acetanilides; Gastrokinetics; Morphine derivatives; Non-opioid analgesics; Opioid analgesics; Opioid peptides; Piperidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Opioid mu receptor antagonists; Opioid receptor agonists; Prostaglandin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Pain
Most Recent Events
- 12 Dec 2011 Adolor Corporation has been acquired and merged into Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- 30 Jun 2006 Phase-II clinical trials in Pain in USA (unspecified route)