Research programme: protease inhibitors - VermillionAlternative Names: Trappin-2
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Ciphergen Biosystems
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Peptide hydrolase inhibitors; Serine endopeptidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in HIV-infections(Prevention) in USA
- 24 Aug 2007 Ciphergen Biosystems is now called Vermillion
- 31 Aug 2006 Preclinical trials in HIV infections prevention in USA (unspecified route)