Research programme: botulinum immune globulin - Emergent BioSolutionsAlternative Names: BIG; Botulinum immunoglobulin
Latest Information Update: 15 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Emergent BioSolutions; Health Protection Agency Porton Down
- Developer Emergent BioSolutions
- Class Antitoxins; Immunoglobulins
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Botulism
Most Recent Events
- 15 Apr 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 04 Sep 2006 Preclinical trials in Botulism in USA (IV)