Superoxide dismutase - FerringAlternative Names: r-h CuZnSOD; Recombinant human copper zinc superoxide dismutase; SOD - Ferring
Latest Information Update: 23 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Anti-ischaemics; Antirheumatics; Oxidoreductases
- Mechanism of Action Superoxide dismutase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neonatal respiratory distress syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 19 Sep 2006 Phase-II clinical trials in Neonatal respiratory distress syndrome in Switzerland (unspecified route)