Research programme: gastrointestinal disease therapeutics - GlaxoSmithKline/Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre
Latest Information Update: 19 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre; GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Inflammatory bowel diseases; Irritable bowel syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 28 Feb 2011 No development reported - Preclinical for Irritable bowel syndrome in Ireland (unspecified route)
- 28 Feb 2011 No development reported - Preclinical for Inflammatory bowel disease in Ireland (unspecified route)
- 22 Aug 2006 Preclinical trials in Irritable bowel syndrome in Ireland (unspecified route)