Research programme: fatty acid synthase inhibitors - CytRx
Latest Information Update: 05 Dec 2008
At a glance
- Originator CytRx Corporation
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Fatty acid synthetase complex inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 05 Dec 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 05 Dec 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Obesity in USA (unspecified route)
- 29 Sep 2006 Preclinical trials in Obesity in USA (unspecified route)