Research programme: indole and indolizine derivatives - Synta
Latest Information Update: 21 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Synta Pharmaceuticals
- Class Indoles; Indolizines
- Mechanism of Action Mitosis inhibitors; Tubulin polymerisation inhibitors; Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Cancer; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 21 Apr 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 Apr 2011 Discontinued for Asthma in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Aug 2008 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in USA (unspecified route)