NXL 101Alternative Names: AVE-4221; NXL-101
Latest Information Update: 03 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Novexel
- Class Antibacterials; Carboxylic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase inhibitors; DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections; Nosocomial infections
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jun 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Nosocomial infections in France (PO)
- 28 Jun 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Nosocomial infections in France (IV)
- 28 Jun 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in France (PO)