Aciclovir oral - EmisphereAlternative Names: Acyclovir oral - Emisphere; Oral acyclovir - Emisphere
Latest Information Update: 03 Jun 2016
At a glance
- Originator Emisphere Technologies
- Class Antivirals; Hypoxanthines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 23 Nov 2006 Phase-I clinical trials in Herpes simplex virus infections treatment in USA (PO)