Research programme: indometacin - AlphaRxAlternative Names: ALRX IM
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2011
At a glance
- Originator AlphaRx
- Class Analgesics; Antirheumatics; Chlorobenzenes; Indoles; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation; Ocular inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 05 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Ocular inflammation in Canada (Topical)
- 05 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Inflammation in Canada (IV)