Mesalazine foam - FerringAlternative Names: Mesalamine foam - Ferring; Mesalamine foam enema; Mesalamine rectal foam - Ferring; Pentasa foam
Latest Information Update: 21 Apr 2015
At a glance
- Originator Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- Class Aminosalicylic acids; Anti-inflammatories; Irritable bowel syndrome therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Lipoxygenase-cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Ulcerative colitis
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 24 Nov 2006 Phase-III clinical trials in Ulcerative colitis in France (Topical)