Research programme: focal adhesion kinase inhibitors - NovartisAlternative Names: NVP-TAE 226; TAE 226
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2012
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Benzamides; Pyrimidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Focal adhesion protein-tyrosine kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2012 No development reported - Preclinical for Cancer in Japan (PO)
- 15 Sep 2009 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical trial in Cancer presented at the 31st Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR-2009)
- 24 Oct 2008 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical trial in Cancer presented at the 20th EORTC-NCI-AACR Symposium on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics (EORTC-NCI-AACR-2008)