Research programme: neuropathic pain and drug abuse therapies - Avigen
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2009
At a glance
- Originator Avigen
- Mechanism of Action Glial cell modulators; Immunomodulators; Phosphoric diester hydrolase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuropathic pain; Opioid abuse
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2009 Discontinued for Opioid abuse in USA (unspecified route)
- 22 May 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Neuropathic pain in USA (unspecified route)
- 11 Dec 2006 Preclinical trials in Neuropathic pain in USA (unspecified route)