Research programme: age-related macular degeneration therapies - Novelion Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 30 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator QLT; Wilmer Eye Institute
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Age-related macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 29 Nov 2016 QLT acquired Aegerion Pharmaceuticals and later QLT changed its name to Novelion Therapeutics
- 19 Dec 2006 Early research in Age-related macular degeneration in USA (unspecified route)