PA 1050040Alternative Names: PA-040; PA-1050040
Latest Information Update: 03 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator Panacos Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Capsid protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 25 Jul 2007 Data presented at the 4th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention (IAS-2007) added to the Viral Infections antimicrobial activity and pharmacokinetics sections
- 28 Feb 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in HIV infections treatment in USA (PO)
- 28 Dec 2006 Preclinical trials in HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)