Latest Information Update: 21 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Targacept
- Class Antidepressants; Anxiolytics
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jan 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Depression in Europe (PO)
- 08 Jan 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Anxiety disorders in Europe (PO)