SPP 1148Alternative Names: SPP-1148
Latest Information Update: 22 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Speedel Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihypertensives
- Mechanism of Action Renin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jul 2008 Speedel has been acquired by Novartis
- 12 Jan 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Hypertension in USA (PO)