Research programme: diabetes therapy - Napo Pharmaceuticals/Piramal Life Sciences
Latest Information Update: 16 Dec 2008
At a glance
- Originator Napo Pharmaceuticals; Nicholas Piramal India Limited
- Developer Piramal Healthcare
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Dec 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in India (unspecified route)
- 20 May 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 22 Jan 2007 Preclinical trials in Diabetes mellitus in India (unspecified route)