Naltrexone implant - IndevusAlternative Names: VP 004
Latest Information Update: 07 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Originator Valera Pharmaceuticals
- Class Analgesics; Cyclopropanes; Drug withdrawal therapies; Irritable bowel syndrome therapies; Morphinans; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Opioid receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Opioid abuse
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 31 Mar 2009 Discontinued - Phase-I for Opioid abuse in USA (SC)
- 23 Mar 2009 Indevus Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Endo Pharmaceuticals