Research programme: beta-ketoacyl-acyl carrier protein synthase inhibitors - Merck & CoAlternative Names: 3-Ketoacyl-acyl carrier protein synthase inhibitors - Merck & Co; FabF inhibitors- Merck & Co; FabH inhibitors - Merck & Co; Platencin; Platensimycin
Latest Information Update: 31 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Mechanism of Action FabF inhibitors; FabH inhibitors; Fatty acid synthetase complex inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bacterial infections; Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 31 Mar 2011 Pharmacodynamics data from preclinical trials in Diabetes mellitus presented at the 241st American Chemical Society National Meeting (ACS-2011)
- 30 Mar 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 31 Jan 2007 Preclinical data added to the Bacterial Infections antimicrobial activity and pharmacodynamics sections