Riluzole topical - Biofrontera AGAlternative Names: BF-37
Latest Information Update: 29 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Originator Biofrontera AG
- Class Benzothiazoles; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules; Thiazoles
- Mechanism of Action T lymphocyte inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Atopic dermatitis; Psoriasis
Most Recent Events
- 07 May 2007 Biofrontera initiates enrolment in a phase II trial for Atopic dermatitis in Germany
- 15 Mar 2007 Phase-II development is ongoing
- 08 Sep 2005 Phase-II clinical trials in Atopic dermatitis in Germany (Topical)