PS 522501Alternative Names: PS52201
Latest Information Update: 11 Feb 2009
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacopeia Drug Discovery; Schering-Plough
- Developer Schering-Plough
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Metabolic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 23 Dec 2008 Pharmacopeia has been acquired by Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- 19 Feb 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Metabolic disorders in USA (unspecified route)