AKP 111Alternative Names: AKP-111; metformin/chromium/vanadium
Latest Information Update: 20 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator Akesis Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Chromium compounds; Vanadium compounds
- Mechanism of Action AMP activated protein kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 06 Feb 2009 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 21 Feb 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)