Research programme: cannabinoid receptor agonists - CaraAlternative Names: CR08; CR701; CR859
Latest Information Update: 24 Jan 2011
At a glance
- Originator Cara Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Cannabinoid receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Inflammatory pain; Neuropathic pain
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2011 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 26 Feb 2007 Preclinical trials in Neuropathic pain in USA (PO)