Research programme: nanoparticle-encapsulated streptomycin - AlphaRx
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2011
At a glance
- Originator AlphaRx
- Mechanism of Action Protein 30S ribosomal subunit inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 05 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Tuberculosis in Canada (IM)
- 05 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Tuberculosis in China (IM)
- 27 May 2008 AlphaRx establishes CRADA with US Army for the development of antibacterial nanoparticles in severe intracellular bacterial infections