GSK 568859Alternative Names: 568859; GSK568859; SB-568859
Latest Information Update: 19 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Unknown
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Cardiovascular therapies
- Mechanism of Action 1-alkyl-2-acetylglycerophosphocholine esterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Atherosclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 19 Apr 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Atherosclerosis in USA (PO)