R 1511Alternative Names: GK 3; Glucokinase activator (3); R1511
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Roche
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glucokinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Apr 2009 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Europe (PO)
- 20 Oct 2008 Roche completes a phase I trial in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Europe
- 19 Mar 2007 Phase-I clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Europe (PO)