Research programme: cancer therapeutics - RottapharmAlternative Names: 4-oxo-fenretinide
Latest Information Update: 25 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator Rottapharm
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Breast cancer; Neuroblastoma; Ovarian cancer
Most Recent Events
- 22 Mar 2007 Preclinical trials in Ovarian cancer in Italy (unspecified route)
- 22 Mar 2007 Preclinical trials in Neuroblastoma in Italy (unspecified route)
- 22 Mar 2007 Preclinical trials in Breast cancer in Italy (unspecified route)