Research programme: anticancer therapeutics - Avalon Pharmaceuticals/Merck & Co
Latest Information Update: 19 Jun 2009
At a glance
- Originator Avalon Pharmaceuticals; Merck & Co
- Developer Clinical Data; Merck & Co
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 29 May 2009 Avalon Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into Clinical Data
- 09 Oct 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 22 Mar 2007 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)