JSM 6427Alternative Names: JSM-6427
Latest Information Update: 04 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Originator Jerini Ophthalmic
- Class Eye disorder therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha 5 beta 1 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Age-related macular degeneration; Proliferative vitreoretinopathy
Most Recent Events
- 04 Mar 2011 Development discontinued for Age-related macular degeneration during 2010
- 10 Apr 2008 Jerini Ophthalmic signs an exclusive licensing and development agreement with PR Pharmaceuticals to develop sustained-release formulations, including JSM 6427 for the treatment of age-related macular degeneration
- 07 Dec 2007 Jerini Ophthalmic enters into a research collaboration agreement with University College London Institute of Ophthalmology for the development of JSM 6427 in age-related macular degeneration