Research programme: RNA targeting therapeutics - Pharmaxis/SantenAlternative Names: Nova 21048
Latest Information Update: 29 May 2013
At a glance
- Originator Novagali Pharma; Topigen Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Pharmaxis; Santen S.A.S.
- Class Oligonucleotides
- Mechanism of Action Chemokine CCL11 inhibitors; RNA inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Allergic conjunctivitis; Allergic rhinitis
Most Recent Events
- 29 May 2013 Discontinued - Preclinical for Allergic rhinitis in Canada (Intranasal)
- 29 May 2013 Discontinued - Preclinical for Allergic conjunctivitis in France (Ophthalmic)
- 25 Apr 2013 Novagali Pharma is now called Santen S.A.S