Research programme: voltage-gated sodium channel inhibitors - Merck
Latest Information Update: 02 Sep 2010
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Amides; Biphenyl compounds; Pyrazoles
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Neuropathic pain
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2010 Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics data from preclinical studies in rodents presented at the 240th American Society National Meeting (240th-ACS-2010)
- 05 Sep 2007 Preclinical data presented at the 234th American Chemical Society National Meeting (234th-ACS-2007) added to the pharmacokinetics section
- 10 Apr 2007 Preclinical trials in Neuropathic pain in USA (PO)