Research programme: metabolic disorders therapy - Abbott Laboratories
Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2013
At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Mechanism of Action Stearoyl CoA desaturase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Metabolic syndrome; Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 30 Mar 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Obesity in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 Mar 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Metabolic syndrome in USA (unspecified route)
- 12 Apr 2007 Preclinical trials in Obesity in USA (unspecified route)