Research programme: alcohol dehydrogenase inhibitors - Gilead SciencesAlternative Names: CVT-10216
Latest Information Update: 15 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator CV Therapeutics
- Developer Gilead Sciences
- Class Benzoic acids; Benzopyrans; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alcoholism
Most Recent Events
- 17 Apr 2009 CV Therapeutics has been acquired and merged into Gilead Sciences